Sunday, December 02, 2007

New Purse

I've been looking for a new purse for a while and haven't been able to find one like I want. So I decided to make one. I bought a pattern, but I modified it some. I added an outside pocket. I like having an outside pocket to put my cell phone and keys in. If my phone is inside my purse, I can't hear it ring. I also added lots of pockets to the inside. This was my first attempt at a zipper. The zipper doesn't close very smoothly, but I think that'll get better with use. Part of it is that it wants to curl the opposite direction it needs to be in order to close. I tried pressing it, but I think I need to actually fold it and press it. I couldn't believe how hard of a time I had finding a brown zipper. No one in town had one. I ended up ordering one online that was actually too long and cutting it down. All total, I have less that $10 in it. The color is obscured in the picture, but it's chocolate brown and aqua blue. This is the side with the pocket.
This is the other side.

Now I need to get back to hemming my pants, something I hate doing.

6 comments:

brookeisacrazylady said...

cute cute cute. love the colors. So do you want to have a sewing class around christmas time? Cause lindsey and i will be there for 10 days!

Heather said...

Sure, but I'm no expert at sewing. It's alot of trial and error for me. I'm making 6 quillows(quilts that fold into pillows) as Christmas gifts. Once I finish all of this, I probably won't touch my machine for quite a while.

Nancy Nurse said...

I love your purse! I can't believe you can make a purse... that is too talented! I want to see a pic of the quillows too when you make them.
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I love the colors!! You are such a Martha! And that's a compliment coming from me (I love me some Martha). =) Great job!

Laurel

christy said...

nice. i like the fabric too.

kelsey said...

Cute! I've been on the hunt for the right purse for months, and I can't find it. Maybe I just need to make one too.