Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Tote Bags


The logo for Autism is a puzzle piece. So when Amber saw this fabric, she wanted to make tote bags for Morgan's teacher and aide for Christmas. She came over Sunday night, and we spent 2 1/2 hours making one bag. We weren't using a pattern, so it was just figure it out as you go. She had called and asked me how much fabric to get, but I'm not good at picturing things in my head. So we ended up only getting 4 bags out of the fabric instead of 5. There is a teacher and 4 aides that work in Morgan's class, but only one of the aides is specifically hers. So Amber decided to just give one to Morgan's aide and the teacher. She came over tonight to finish the second bag. Since everything was cut already, this one only took 1 1/2 hours. You wouldn't think it would take that long, but my machine and serger weren't cooperating. I had to stop and retread both of them twice. I sure hope things go more smoothly with my quillows this weekend. I won't really have time to work on them until the weekend, so I may not sleep much from Friday to Tuesday in order to get them done. I had planned on working on them sooner, but things just got in the way. Now it's do or die.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Thanks Heather!

Anonymous said...

That's a great gift idea!

Laurel