Saute the onions and celery in 1/4 cup of margarine. Add them to the egg bread and chicken broth mixture. Add 1 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, and 4 eggs slightly beaten. I'm not good at stirring things together, so I use the hand mixer.
The recipe says to bake it at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. Maybe it's because I'm always fixing two, but mine never cook in 30 minutes. I've had problems with it burning on the bottom before it gets done, so I turned the temperature down to 375 degrees.
After cooking for almost an hour, they were finally done. Turning the temperature down helped. They were just starting to get dark around the edges, but the bottom wasn't burnt.
I bought this pyrex portables thing last weekend. It came with one big dish and two smaller ones. I already had a big one with a lid, and they both fit in there fine. This makes it much easier to transport.
No comments:
Post a Comment