Thursday, October 26, 2006

Slight Change in Color Scheme

Okay, I'm thinking about making a slight change in my color scheme for my living room. I really wanted a geometric print for my curtains, but couldn't find one in the colors I wanted. I did, however, find this one. I would paint the walls one of the taupe colors in the fabric, have a medium gray colored sectional (darker than the gray in the fabric), my black leather bench, black shelf for my TV, and curtains and throw pillows made from this fabric. (I'll use the black and white curtains in another room. I like them, but the more I think about it, they are more for a bedroom than a living room.) I feel like this fabric would make the room more cohesive. I found out that Rudd Furniture carries Bassett along with several other brands, so I'm going there tomorrow after work to see what I can find. I liked the other sectional, but I really want one with tapered wooden feet to match my bench rather than just the little round legs. Also, with Rowe being in bankruptcy, I don't know yet if they can even get that one.
Mod Squad Neutral From KINGSWAY Mod squares in contemporary shades of Taupe, Gray, & Black Suitable for Drapery, Bedding, and Light Weight Upholstery Repeat is 4 1/2" 100% Cotton 54" Wide Dry Clean Recommended

2 comments:

christy said...

that print is pretty small huh. i think at least 3 colors is wise. design usually works well that way. i like the print and all i just personally like richer colors.

Anonymous said...

I really like the fabric! I love the taupy (is that a word?) colors that are popular right now. I think it looks really good with a splash of color somewhere...maybe a cranberry or bright green. I'm sure it will look great and can't wait to see pictures of the finished living room!

~Laurel