Okay, I stole this idea from Nancy Evans. Her daughter, Lindsay, made one for her. It's made from a placemat and some handle stuff I bought at Wal-Mart. The whole thing only cost about $2.00. I got frustrated with my old scripture tote because it was not big enough to hold my Relief Society Manual. Plus, when I was removing my scriptures from my old tote, I discovered that it was messing up the binding. It was one of those zip up things that you slip the front and back covers into. The front cover has started pulling away from the binding. No more zip up scripture totes for me. And if I mess it up or get tired of it, I can just make a new one. Don't look too closely at my decorative stitching, it's not even. I couldn't decide how to sew the handle on, so I straight stitched it and went back over it with this decorative stitch. Not bad for a first try and no pattern or directions. I'm not usually very good at improvising.
5 comments:
cute, but it's like someone stole my idea! hee hee. i made a bag from 2 placemats i bought at target on clearance a while back. it's large enough to haul most of my stuff for church and all. i put on bamboo handles though.
How cute!
~Laurel
Aren't you Hornsbys crafty! I like it. Maybe I'll steal the idea myself.
That's darling! I want to steal the idea, too, but maybe I'll wait until I'm in the same place as Christy sometime so I can get some help.
WAN'T TO LET KELSEY KNOW THAT US HORNSBYS ARE NOT ALL KRAFTY! CHRISTY AND HEATHER STOLE ALL THAT TALENT AMBER MAY HAVE A LITTLE BUT I HAVE ZERO!!
Post a Comment