Sunday, October 01, 2006

Projects Completed So Far

Here's the ramp I built going into my shed. I built it so I could park my lawnmower in there, but about the time I finished the ramp, I broke the lawn mower. I was cutting the grass under the swing set, and the gear shift got caught on the hammock swing and jerked into reverse while I was going forward. It won't go in reverse anymore, so I can't park it in the shed until I get it fixed.

This is my new water heater timer. Dad had put one in years ago, but it quit working along time ago. It just stayed on all the time, so I replaced it. If my calculations are correct, it's going to save me $40-$50 a month.

Mel and I went to Montgomery yesterday hunting curtains or fabric for curtains for my living room. I wanted a white or cream background with a steel blue and gray print. Apparently that color combination is not in right now, becuase I found nothing. We were at an expensive fabric store looking through special order fabric books, and I decided that I didn't want to send $300 or more on fabric for curtains I would then have to make. So we went back to Target and got these. I've bought a black leather bench to go in the living room, so I think these will look okay. They were the only ones I could find with a light background and a pattern that I even remotely liked. Now I just have to find a sectional like I want and pick out a paint color for the walls.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Heather!! Who knew you were so handy? I wish I was...or at least that my husband was! HAHA!!

~Laurel

christy said...

Good work miss handy! I've seen those curtains. cute!

kelsey said...

Yes, way to be so handy! I like the curtains.