Sunday, October 29, 2006

Fear Factor Party

The Evans threw a Fear Factor Party for the single adults last night. Points were given for each activity and prizes were given out according to who had the most points. I just went to laugh at everybody else. I didn't participate. They had gross food challenges like drinking buttermilk and eating pickled pigs feet, pickled eggs, pickled herring, blue cheese, and dates. They had people bobbing for plastic worms in vanilla pudding and plastic toys in baked beans. They had people crawl across a ladder over the pool and search for plastic toys in the jacuzzi which was full of bubbles. They weren't getting in the jacuzzi, just digging through the 12 feet of bubbles coming out of it. They had people ride down the driveway sitting on a skateboard. The funniest thing was shocking people with a tens (?sp) unit. Dave would put the electrodes on the inside of the wrist and turn it on full blast. Here's a picture of Micah getting shocked. That's his girlfriend, Kara, standing behind him on the right. Dave got a real kick out of doing this. He couldn't believe how long these young guys lasted. He cut them off at a minute. Who knows how long they would've gone otherwise, not to mention what kind of damage may have been done to their arms. This picture is after it's been going for a little while. The funniest part is when it's first turned on. One guy even screamed like a girl.

Here's Micah enjoying a pickled egg. He passed on the pickled pigs feet. Rube Lewis puked his guts out trying to eat a pickled pigs feet. That almost made me puke. I had to leave the room.
Here's Micah with a mouth full of blue cheese. He also drank the buttermilk, which was first, and rode the skateboard and crossed the ladder over the pool.
The grand prize winners got a $40 gift certificate to LongHorn or The Olive Garden. There were passes to some new indoor track place that does paintball, go carts, etc. Micah won $20 in movie tickets. Kira won a gift certificate to Chick-fil-a. I got a $5 gift card to Bruster's Ice Cream for just showing up. Everyone got something. Even though I didn't participate, I still had a good time laughing at everyone else. Our ward Fall Festival got postponed until Wednesday due to rain, so check back later in the week for Halloween and Fall Festival pictures.

4 comments:

christy said...

GO MICAH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun! The Evans' are so sweet. Looks like ya'll had a really good time. Don't think I would have eaten any of that stuff- well, except the blue cheese b/c I like blue cheese!
Can't wait for Fall Festival pictures!! The kids always had so much fun especially on the hay ride. Logan always thought he was riding the tractor! Although, I know seeing pics from the Fall Fest will make me VERY HOME SICK!! If you go the Peanut Festival, eat a corn dog from the Corn Dog Man for me! (sniff, sniff)
Love ya! ~Laurel

Anonymous said...

It's Kara not Kira. Just thought I would tell you.

Amber

Heather said...

I fixed it. I know too many people with similar names. It's hard to keep them straight.