Friday, October 27, 2006

Coordinating Fabrics

I've decided to order the fabric. This one will be curtains for the living room window.

I'm going to use this one to make a roman shade for the window in the hallway that comes off of my living room.
My boss suggested using this one for pillows, but the other lady I work with said she didn't like this one being close to the square pattern. She suggested using the stripped fabric for pillows for the sectional. One side of the sectional will sit in front of the window that will have the square pattern curtains. I think I'll just order some extra of each one to make pillows out of and decide which ones look best where later.
I also need to make something to cover the window in the door to the garage. I eventually want to replace that door, but it may be a while before that happens. I'm thinking about making a faux roman shade for it out of either the stripe or the square. I'm thinking the square because it is actually in the same room as the curtains. The other window that I'm using the stripe on is in a hallway that is only visible from certain parts of the living room.
Suggestions welcomed.
I didn't go look at furniture today after all. The weather is yucky, so I decided to wait until I receive my fabric before I order furniture. I can't pick out a paint color until I get the fabric, and I can't move furniture in until I paint. I'm just glad to have a definite plan for what I'm doing. I've been wishy washy on everything until now. I decided that the pattern I liked was more important than the exact color scheme I had in mind. My previous color scheme was pulled from a picture of the Washington DC Temple that I bought when I visited Christy back in May. I really liked the blue and gray matting with the picture and decided to try and build a room around it. When that didn't work out, I decided to put that picture in another room, and go with a fabric I really like in another color scheme. It may sound kind of bland to have a room full of taupes, grays, black, and white/cream(I'm not sure whether it's white or cream in the fabric), but I'm not really into a lot of bold colors anyway. I'll look for some cool accessories in a bold color.

No comments: