This stuff is taking over my front yard. I need to find out what it is and how to kill it. It grows 10 times faster than the rest of my grass. It needs to be cut every few days which is not going to happen. In the two weeks since I last cut my grass, it has grown 6-8 inches. The rest of my grass might have grown 1 inch. I was talking to Christy, and she told me to post pictures so she can ask Cory if he might know what it is. If no one knows what it is, I'm digging up a sample and mailing to the Extension Service's Weed ID office in Auburn.
Here's a better look at it.
Here's a close up.
I just thought I'd throw this in too. This is what I found when I got home from Sara's shower this morning. I expected the package to be left on my porch, but not my mail. It's a good thing it wasn't windy today. My mail, which included a credit card bill, could've blown away. What if I'd been gone all day? This was not a good idea Ms. MailLady. 
5 comments:
cory says wild oats
your mail will not blow away all bundled up like that.
i think it's quackgrass
Looks like smooth brome.
Hey Heather!
I've been crazy busy and haven't been keeping up with anyone's blogs for a month or so. I was just catching up and reading all that you and your family have been up to.
No idea what the weed is.
Talk to ya soon!
Laurel
thank you so much for coming to my shower. i've really enjoyed getting to know you these last few months. thanks for making those early Sunday mornings a little more tolerable. i'll miss sitting on the back row with you and mel. =)
i move this friday! can you believe it? wish me luck. keep me in your prayers that i don't kill porter half way through the 30 hour road trip. lol.
Post a Comment