Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rain, Rain, and More Rain

We have had probably 10 inches of rain the last 3 days. This morning, it started coming in Mel and Ish's house. By the time I got there, this is what it looked like. Ish's brother Curt and his wife came over as did Amber and Lee. I sat with the kids in the car while they moved stuff around to try and save what they could.
My yard is flooded, but my house is safe. Luckily I am on the high side of the neighborhood, so I don't think I'll have problems with it coming in my house. There's plenty of water in my yard, but so far my house is dry.
Please pray that the rain will stop and recede fast.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO!! Poor Ish and Mel!! I wish I was there to help clean up! We will pray for you all.

Laurel

Nilla said...

I keep hearing about this! This is terrible! My dad is here in WA until Tuesday, and I told him about the flooding. He's kind of worried about his house now... I sure hope Mel and Ish were able to salvage everything. I just can't believe it!

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is heartbreaking. just sick. keep me updated.

Amy said...

This is horrible! I saw the house on Ricky Stokes, but I didn't realize it their house until I read your blog.

Courtney said...

That is so sad. I cannot imagine how awful that would be. Hopefully everything will be able to be fixed soon. That really is just sick, ans so sad. I am so sorry.

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Oh my gosh. I was just in Dothan, but after the worst of the damage. I cannot believe Mel's house...we'll pray for them.