Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My Labor Day Weekend

After all of the rain we've had from TS Fay, these mushrooms popped up all over my front yard. My grass/weeds enjoyed all of the rain as well.
Saturday afternoon, I watched Abby while Mel, Bradley, and Lauren went swimming at a friend's house. She was asleep when Mel dropped her off.
After a bottle and diaper change, she was a happy camper.
Please ignore how messy my bed looks.
I decided to make brownies in the cupcake pan. Don't they look yummy with all of those pecans in them.
I was going to cut my grass Saturday evening, but it started raining. So I went out to cut it about 6:00 p.m. Monday. The last several times I've cut the grass, I haven't gotten a single mosquito bite. Well, all of the rain Fay left us has created man-eating mosquitoes. Here's a small sample of my bites. They even bit me through my clothes. I have bites on my back and on the backs of my thighs. I think I might itch to death.
While attempting to get the weed eater out of the shed, I badly bruised my arm. I almost fell but caught myself on the door. The edge of the metal door dug into my arm with most of my weight leaning on it. This picture's blurry, but you get the idea of how black and blue it is. It's really sore too. I can't seem to go outside for any length of time without injuring myself.

4 comments:

Mitchell4 said...

I'll have to remember that you babysit. wink wink She's so cute. Ouch! those are mean looking bites and a monster of a bruise. You remind me of me that way. I always seem to come in either bumped, scratched, or bruised.

Nilla said...

Ouch! That bruise looks awful! And yeah, aren't mosquito bites the greatest (please insert heavy sarcasm).

brookeisacrazylady said...

yikes, those bugs love you. love the pics of abby...and i would come over right now for one of those brownies.

Lindsey said...

Those cupcake brownies look divine! But your mosquito bites look killer. You must have sweet blood:). Abby is sooo cute! Sorry about your arm. That is a good bruise.