The last time I took my car to get it serviced, they told me that the power steering was leaking. I bought some power steering fluid thinking I would just check it and see how fast it was leaking. Well, I never even checked it. That was about 6 months ago, and I haven't had any trouble with it. Then, my light came on telling me it was time to get it serviced again. So I decided to have them fix the power steering leak while it was there. I also asked them to check and see why the speakers on the driver's side don't work. So $475 later, my power steering pump has been replaced, and my car has been serviced. They told me my speakers needed to be replaced, so those parts were ordered. This was Wednesday of last week.
I get the call that my speakers are in, so I take it back on Tuesday to get those put in. Turns out I only needed one speaker. The other one just wasn't plugged in right or something. They practically took my dash apart, and after unplugging and replugging the back speaker started working. I'm not sure that it ever worked before. If you turned just that speaker on, nothing happened. When you turned on the front speaker, it would crackle and the sound was really low. So I figured that one was bad. After another $195, I have 4 working speakers. You probably think I'm crazy for spending that much to fix speakers, but I love to listen to music in the car. (I like to sing along too.) I have several CDs that the music is recorded on one side and the words are recorded on the other. So with speakers only working on one side, I would hear music and no words or words and no music. That is very annoying. Especially when it involves some of my favorite CDs. Plus, I plan on keeping my car for a very long time, so I might as well get it fixed. It may be 6 years old, but it's only got 44,500 miles on it.
Wednesday night, I noticed a squeaking noise coming from the engine. Thursday morning when I left for work, it was soo loud. I was embarrassed to go through the drive thru because it sounded so bad. They couldn't get to it Thursday afternoon, so I took it back up there this morning. Luckily, it was their fault, so I didn't have to fork out anymore money. The guy said when they put the pulley back in the power steering, they didn't put it in far enough so the belt started squeaking. I don't know why it took it a week to start squeaking. I just hope it stays put and doesn't start squeaking again next week. I don't plan on going back up there for another 6 months. (I drive so little that I only have to get my car serviced every 6 months.)
3 comments:
Car trouble is awful! I'm running around with no brake light or turn signal on my back passenger side. Because I went to price the replacement part (all we need is the plate where the bulbs plug in according to my dad) and you have to buy the whole thing, including the stupid red cover for the lights! And that comes to a grand total of $225. I opted out of that. I'll wait til I get pulled over and get a warning. I don't have $225 to put on the car right now....
it always makes me wish i would've taken a car class so i'd know if they were ripping me off.
right now we are listening to mama mia in the car...what about you?
I am listening to Disney Classics. I want to listen to all the stuff I couldn't listen to before, but I keep forgetting to put them in the car. It was mainly oldies stuff like The Carpenters and Peter, Paul, and Mary that wouldn't play right with my busted speakers.
Post a Comment