Sunday, September 28, 2008

I have a couch!

I realized that it's going to be a long, long time before I have enough money to buy the leather sectional that I really want for my living room. I also want a red futon to go out in my sewing/toy room. (I want to do a Mickey Mouse theme out there.) I didn't want to buy something just to put it out there and it hardly be used. So I decided to buy it now and use it in my living room until I can afford the sectional. I found this red convertible couch, aka futon, on Overstock, and I fell in love. I'm trying to cut down on impulse purchases, so I decided to think about it for a few days. When I finally decided to order it, they were sold out. I was so disappointed. I've had nothing but a recliner and glider rocker in my living room for two years. So, I entered my e-mail address for them to notify me if it came back in stock. A week or so later, I got the e-mail. I thought, this is meant to be. So I quickly placed my order. Part of it came Monday, and the other came Tuesday. I left work early Tuesday to make sure I was home when UPS came. That box weighed 130 lbs, and there was no way I was going to be able to get it in the house. I didn't have time to finish putting it together until Friday night. I tried to take a picture last night to post, but all of the light bulbs in my living room are blown. Of course, I don't have anymore light bulbs. So I had to wait until this afternoon when the sun was shining brightly in the window to get a decent picture. Now I need to paint and make my curtains. I've had the fabric for over a year, but there's no need to make curtains when you have no furniture. I also need to find some black, skinny end tables. There is only 18 inches on either side of the couch. I may end up having to make some.

Amber's being induced in the morning, so stay tuned for pictures of the new baby.

2 comments:

Nilla said...

Hooray for new furniture! It's exciting to get stuff you want :).

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love the bold red couch. i can see the sleak black side tables already.