Thursday, February 14, 2008

Roses and Camelias

As I was coming in the door this afternoon, my phone rang. It was my Dad saying he wanted to drop something by. I said, "What are you dropping by?" He laughed and said he would see me in a few minutes. My first thought was that he was dropping by some junk he wanted me to store at my house or something. A few minutes later, I remebered that it is Valentine's Day. He's never given me anything for Valentine's Day before, so I thought it was a little weird. I later found out that Christy was behind it. She thought someone should get me something since I don't have a significant other to get me a Valentine. So Dad (probably Sandra) got me these roses. Aren't they pretty?
Here's a side shot.
This is the weird card that Dad got. The card is half right. My Dad is weird, but I'm not.
This is the inside.
My camelias have started blooming.
The bush is loaded with buds.
The blooms don't seem to be as big as usual, probably due to the months of drought we had. Most of them have already turned brown. It seems they don't stay pretty very long.
Here's a bloom I spotted in the middle of the bush.


Ignore any misspelled words.

Blogger's spell check isn't working for some reason.

5 comments:

christy said...

pretty roses, funny card. better than a sappy one.
i need to plant a camellia bush in my yard. i loved that bush growing up and it's the AL state flower. i also want a magnolia tree.

Amber said...

pretty flowers. Even though it was Christy's idea, atleast dad actually did it.

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Such pretty flowers! My granny had a huge camellia bush when I was a kid. For a long time, I thought they were roses.

Laurel

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love the roses. i can smell all your flowers from here.