Saturday, February 09, 2008

Christine's Bridal Shower

This afternoon, I went to a bridal shower for Christine. She's in the single adult group at church (at least for another month). She was so excited over everything she got. She said that growing up, they could pick one year to have a birthday party and get presents. Other than that, they didn't have birthday parties, so the shower really meant alot to her. It was so sweet. At one point she was so overwhelmed that she started getting teary, and so did everyone else. Here's Christine with her future mother-in-law and the quilt she made for her. It's made from old blue jeans.

5 comments:

Amber said...

How strange about the birthday parties.

Anonymous said...

That's really sweet! I wish I had sent her a gift too and I don't even know her!

Laurel

brookeisacrazylady said...

fancy quilt.

i told my friend just barely that we were only going to do birthday parties every other year and she says "What are you a JW?" and I died laughing. seriously, poor girl.

christy said...

were they really poor or just simple people? i don't think cory grew up having parties with friends and stuff. just simple family ones. i like the simple family ones best and the kids like them too but sometimes we have the crazy ones with lots of friends. no set routine though, just whatever we feel like.

Heather said...

I didn't ask her why, but it's probably a combination of both. The way she got soo excited over every gift, I don't think she's ever received many gifts. It was just really sweet how appreciative she was.