Saturday, February 23, 2008

Lauren Plays Piano

Every time I keep Mel's kids, Lauren wants me to play church songs on the piano. Today, she said she wanted to play. She said she learned to play Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star in music class at school. Well, I didn't hear Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star. She got out the Children's Song book and wanted me to show her how to play "I am a Child of God". That first line only involves 3 keys, so I decided to see if she could get it. Here's a sample. Bradley kept trying to mess her up. That's him singing and being silly in the background.

I keep telling Mel she should put her in piano lessons. I think she thinks she's too young, but I don't think so. I think she would really enjoy it.

6 comments:

Amber said...

She doesn't need to put her lessons, you can teach her :)

Heather said...

I'm not teacher material. I don't have that much patience.

christy said...

she should take piano lessons for sure. if she is interested at that young of an age that's great. i don't think tristan would pay attention and sit still for it.

Anonymous said...

Good job, Lauren!

Laurel

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is great! definitely a fan of lessons

Lindsey said...

So cute! Love the video. Dallas loves to play but mostly her own made up songs;).