Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Poodle Skirt

On the 50th day of school, the kindergarten and first grade have a fifties sock hop. Well, the 50th day is Thursday. On Monday, Mel called me wanting me to make Lauren a Poodle Skirt. So, Monday after work, we spent an hour in the fabric store picking stuff out. Then we worked on it until 8:30 p.m. I say we because Mel was here, but really I was the only one working on it. Tuesday night we spent an hour deciding what adjustments needed to be made. The waist had to be taken in, and seven inches had to be cut off the length. We used a size 5/6 pattern, so I guess Lauren's alot shorter than we thought. Wednesday night we spent four hours making the adjustments, resizing the poodle on the computer, and getting the cording, poodle, and pom poms glued on. Actually the poodle is attached with wonder under.
I told Mel to hold it so I could get a picture, but the poodle kept hiding behind the folds in the skirt. So she put it over her head.
Mel will have to take Lauren's picture in her full outfit tomorrow so I can post it later.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOORAY to Heather for being a GREAT aunt!! I am sure Lauren will be the best looking 50's girl in the entire school!

Anonymous said...

Good job, Heather! You are a great aunt!
Mel looks good with that skirt on! haha!!!
Can't wait to see Lauren's pictures!

Laurel

christy said...

very cute! you should have measured lauren and the pattern first so it would have come out the right size to begin with. looks good. love the poodle and black string.

Anonymous said...

Lauren is so lucky to have someone as nice and talented as you to make her a skirt. By the way, I love your little dancing Snoopy. I had that song as my ringtone until my phone broke.
Nancy

brookeisacrazylady said...

That skirt is so cute. I am real dumb with that kinda crafty. i would wear it too.

Lindsey said...

!That is the cutest poodle skirt ever!! I haven't seen one that cute. So nice!