We're having lots of bad weather around here today. My cousin, Joely, lives in Enterprise which is about 30 minutes east of here. They let school out at 1:00 p.m., so her husband went to pick their son up from the elementary school. As he was leaving the school, he saw a tornado hit the high school which is next to the elementary school. Then the back window of the van blew out, and tree limbs are impaled in the back of the head rests. Thankfully, they weren't hurt. The local media are reporting major damage to the high school. (This is what happens when you have summer like temperatures in the winter. We had a high of 80 yesterday.) If I find any pictures, I'll post them. Luckily, it's pretty quiet here. I hope it stays that way because Jackson's birthday party is tonight.
Right now, I'm sitting here at the office all by myself. Everyone else left early because of the bad weather, but I figure I'm just as safe here as I would be at home. Plus, I've got things I need to get done. The hard drive in our server died yesterday afternoon. It's fixed, but I'm having trouble getting our main software reinstalled. The software company's tech people are connected to my server right now trying to figure out what's going on. We've been working on it all day. I met our hardware guy here at 7:20 a.m. this morning, so he could get his part done. Then I called our software company, and they've been working on it all day. I really hope they can get everything working this afternoon. We don't need another down day. Computers make life alot easier until they crash.
4 comments:
i just read on the news that 13 people were killed at the high school and maybe more and that many were injured. that is so sad and scary. that high school should have been built sturdier than that. adam and rusty are lucky they were not hurt. i am thankful they are OK.
The school took a direct hit. There aren't many buildings(execpt our church buildings) that could withstand a direct hit by a tornado. I don't think it had anything to do with the sturdiness of the building. Their gym was fairly new, and it was nearly destroyed as well.
they need bunkers like dothan high has that old one.
Nobody except the ROTC would get in the bunkers at Dothan High, so it wouldn't have done a whole lot of good. All of the students would have been in the hallways including upstairs.
Amber
Post a Comment