Here are some pictures of the damage. They are from Enterprise High School and the homes surrounding the school. I've heard varying reports that anywhere from 8 to 15 people were killed at the school. They haven't released any further info. Our stake single adult rep teaches there, so I hope she's ok. They said there were 350 cars in the parking lot that were damaged. The hospital in Enterprise sustained some damage, so they had to bring alot of the injured to Dothan. Both of our hospitals were only taking critical people in the ER so they could handle the influx of patients. Ft. Rucker is adjacent to Enterprise, so they flew alot of the injured to the Dothan hospitals. Mel said when she left work, the hospital staff was lined up with gurneys outside the ER waiting for the helicopters to arrive. I'm just thankful that we didn't get any damage in Dothan. There's another system moving thru our area right now. Hopefully it won't cause anymore damage.





3 comments:
i saw those pics on yahoo news. scary!
I kept hearing "Dothan" on the news last night, so I was thinking about all the Hornsbys and hoping everyone was o.k. It sounds like you all escaped damage, right?
Yes, we're all fine. Somehow Dothan managed to escape without any damage. The counties to the west and north of us took the brunt of the storm.
Post a Comment