Saturday, March 03, 2007

The President Lands in Dothan

President Bush came to survey the damage in Enterprise. He landed at the Dothan Regional Airport, and then flew in a helicopter to Enterprise. He viewed the damage from the air and walked around the high school. He then went over to a church near the school to visit with the families of the students who were killed. Eight students, who were 16-17 years old, were killed when the building collapsed.
I did find out that our Stake Single Adult Rep is okay. She teaches science, and the science building was pretty much demolished. She was hit on the head by a falling wall and dislocated her shoulder. She didn't have a concussion, so they let her go home. Her class room is gone, but she's okay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read on Yahoo News about Bush coming to Enterprise. I'm sure it helps people feel better...like people really care.

Laurel