Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yard Stuff

I cut my grass last week, hopefully for the last time this year. I think the grass has pretty much stopped growing, but not the weeds. If you click on the picture, you'll see the sea of little yellow "flowers" growing all over my yard. I hate weeds. I bought some weed killer to put out, but it's suppose to rain this weekend. Guess I'll do it next weekend while everyone else is out shopping. That dead spot is what happens when you have someone parking in your yard for six months.
This side has even more yellow "flowers".
I was cleaning up some stuff on my patio when several creatures jumped out at me. They were hiding under my old lawn mower cover. This one tried to find a new hiding spot.
This one just sat very still.
This thing almost scared me to death. At first glance, I didn't know what it was. I thought it might be a baby snake. But when I got a closer look, I noticed the feet. I guess it's a lizard, although I've never seen one like this before.

2 comments:

christy said...

i'm pretty sure it's a salamander. i've seen one before in the back yard there.

JMHornsby said...

Christy's right. It's a salamander. I used to go hunting them when I was a kid. They make great fish bait.