So I was thinking about switching over to digital phone and cable internet to save $20.00 a month. I actually called and placed an order for the change, but the cable company made me mad. When I signed up for digital cable, there was a choice of a red or blue pak. Now they have a movie pak. So I asked to change to the movie pak because I never watch anything in the pak I have. The guy told me I could change on the 29th of January when my pricing special ran out. Well, they rolled me over into another pricing special so I still can't change without paying $16.54 more per month. While I appreciate not having to pay the full price, I'm ticked that I'm paying for something I don't want and can't get what I want without paying more. I even threatened to cancel my order for phone and internet, and they still won't change it. I decided to call the phone company and find out what it would take for me to switch back if I'm not happy. The girl was very nice and tried to find a cheaper package, but they just don't have one. So she told me she could let me talk to someone in their retention department to see if they could offer me a discount to stay. Well, they are giving me a $20.00 discount for a year, and all I have to do is stay with them for another year. I wasn't unhappy with their service; I was just looking to save some money. So I called the cable company back and cancelled my order. I'm keeping what I have and saving money too. That's what I call a win win situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment