Since Mel had to work today, I took Bradley and Lauren to the Primary Easter Activity at the Hall's House. They made Jesus' Tomb by putting chocolate icing(dirt) on a paper plate, then sprinkled it with green coconut(grass), then place a snowball cake thing(tomb) in the center and carve out an opening, which was then covered with a Nilla Waffer(rock). This was to be their desert although Lauren didn't want to eat it and Bradley didn't make one. He was too busy running around when this activity was going on. As we were leaving, he was complaining that he didn't get to do it.
Here they are lining up for the egg in the spoon race.
Alot of them had trouble keeping the egg on the spoon. It was a plastic egg, and it was very windy.
Bailey had to walk with Lauren.
Jackson ran the whole way. You can see some little ones in the background trying to steal the pinwheels the kids were going around.
Here's Bradley taking his turn.
They played a game of kick ball. Alot of the little ones didn't want to play, so they played on the swings and trampoline instead.
Here's Bradley kicking the ball.
Here's Lauren on the swings and Jackson on the slide.
In this shot you can see how high Lauren is going.
Here they are getting instructions for the egg hunt.
Here's Lauren and Maddox finding some eggs. There were a few hid over to the side and Maddox was the only one over there. So I told Lauren to go look over there.
Once all of the ones on the side were found, Lauren moved over to where all of the other kids were hunting. When we got back to my house, I downloaded my pictures to the computer. As I was looking thru them, Lauren said, "At least I wasn't hanging on you the whole time today." I guess she heard Maryann say something to Bailey about hanging on her like she's doing in this picture.
Here's Maryann and Bailey helping Lauren count her eggs. They were suppose to find 12 eggs each.
Here's Bradley and Jackson looking for some.
Here's Bradley checking out what kind of candy is in his eggs.
Here's Lauren looking thru her eggs.
Here's a picture of Lauren and Jackson. He has on his boots he got for Christmas. The toes are so scuffed up. Amber said he's worn them everyday since he got them.
They also had hotdogs and chips, but not may people got to eat their chips. The wind kept blowing them off of everyone's plates. I know my cheese puffs blew off my plate, and I have that orange cheese stuff all over my shirt. All in all, I think the kids had a good time. The weather was nice except for the wind.
3 comments:
You are such a great aunt!! Looks like the kids had a great time. Cute picts!
HOW FUN! All the kids look so big! I can't believe how huge Bailey is! She was a toddler when we left! Waaaaaaah! :(
Laurel
The job of an Aunt is never done. I'm really glad that you took pictures in case Natalie wants to post some up on the bulletin board. I think that that is Laurel. Gosh I miss them.
Post a Comment