Monday, September 03, 2007

Big Bug

I've been really bad about keeping my yard up this year. I've done good to get the grass cut, but I haven't done any weed eating. I have a section between my patio and fence that I can't get to on my lawn mower since I can't go backwards anymore. The grass over there was almost waist deep. The last time I cut the grass, I wasn't able to finish the back before it started lightening. I didn't have time to get back to it before my surgery, so I asked Dad to see if some of the men from church could cut it for me. They just recently changed all of the Home Teachers around, and my new ones weren't there. My former Home Teacher said he would cut it for me. (He's the same one who cut down the ugly tree in my front yard.) Well, I keep the gates to my back yard locked, so no one can steal my lawnmower. Of course, he came to cut it last Monday when I was at the hospital. So, he and his daughters came back to finish today. They ended up cutting the front again because it grows so fast. I noticed this giant grass hopper on the window after he cut that section between the fence and the patio. This guy was 3-4 inches long. Ryan said there were probably a few snakes over there too. I hope not. I need to call tomorrow and see if I can get the repair shop to pick up my lawn mower and fix it. It desperately needs new blades and to be adjusted. Hopefully they can fix whatever I broke that won't let me go in reverse. I'm not sure how long it will be before I feel like getting out there again. I'm very thankfull Ryan and his girls were able to get it under control for me.

1 comment:

christy said...

yep, better keep the yard up or the bugs and snakes will end up in the house too. glad someone finally cut it. your incision looks like it's healing nicely. better get moving around and loosen up those stiff muscles before they get worse.