Thursday, April 05, 2007

My Day With "Trouble"

Yesterday, I had to take off at the last minute to watch Jackson. He couldn't go to daycare because he'd had fever the day before, and the kids have to be fever free for 24 hours before they can stay. He has run fever at daycare before, and they let him come the next day. But I guess someone different was there, and they said no. So, Amber ended up taking him with her to school while she tried to find someone to keep him. Her students were doing standardized testing, so she had to be there. She called Dad, but he said he couldn't watch him because he didn't feel good. She couldn't find anyone else to watch him, so she called me as I was getting ready to leave for work. Luckily, my boss is pretty understanding when it comes to family stuff, so I was able to take off.
I went over to Amber's school and picked him up. I had planned on going to Sam's Club after work, so I decided to go ahead and go. I had to get a new battery backup for our server at work, so we went by the office to drop it off. Then we came back to my house. I have one of those wooden swing set/fort things in my backyard, and the grass is pretty tall under the fort part right now. As Jackson walked up to the ladder going up to the fort, a rabbit shot out of the grass towards the woods. He wanted to go find it, so he could shoot it. I guess he's going to be a hunter like his Dad.
I had scheduled my allergy shot for Thursday afternoon, but I decided to go ahead and go since I was off anyway. Plus I knew they wouldn't be busy. Jackson was fascinated by my getting a shot. He just sat there and watched. The nurse gave him a piece of gum and a sticker. While we were waiting(you have to wait 20 minutes or so before you can leave to make sure you don't have a reaction), one of the nurses called someone to the back. There was a lady sitting near us, and Jackson pointed to her and said, "Is she (the name the nurse called out)?" I saw someone else get up, so I said no. So then he wanted to know what her name was. I told him I didn't know, but she heard him and told him her name. He had on a t-shirt that has a name tag on it that says, "Hello, my name is trouble". So everywhere we went, everyone asked him if his name was trouble. He would say, "No, my name's Jackson Byrd". It was funny.
Nana lives across the street from the doctor's office. I pointed out her house to Jackson, so he wanted to go see her. When he got antsy waiting, I told him we could go see her if he behaved. We went by her house, but she wasn't there. I told him she must have gone to the store. He wanted to go to the store and find her, but I didn't know which store she had gone to.
We stopped and picked up some lunch on the way back to my house. Jackson fell asleep for about 5 minutes in the car. I later found out, that was just enough to ruin nap time. After eating, I tried to get him to go to sleep, but it wasn't happening. I told him that after we took a nap, him Mom would come to get him. He said he wanted to stay with me. He said he could sleep on his "Thomas Bed" on the floor in my room. (It's one of those foam chairs that folds out.) After I told him to go to sleep about a hundred times, he said he wanted his Mommy. I finally gave up and started working on a dress I'm making for Lauren. He played and made a mess while I worked on the dress. He wanted the shopping cart, but he couldn't get it out of the hamper I had put it in. So I told him he had to clean everything else up before I would get it for him. He picked up all the toys and crayons he had dumped out, and played with the shopping cart till Amber came to pick him up. I was pleasantly surprise by how little "trouble" he was.
For some reason, blogger is deleting any space between paragraphs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the Jackson I know and love!

Laurel

christy said...

funny. he was pretty good for a 3 yr old.