Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Birthday and A Broken Toe

Yesterday was Mel's 30th birthday, so we all went over to Dad and Sandra's for lunch today. Here's Mel posing with her chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting.


Friday night, Morgan's school had a carnival. Amber took Lauren along so Jackson would have someone to play with. Amber decided to go down this moonwalk slide thing with them. When she hit the bottom of the slide, she somehow broke her big toe. She doesn't remember exactly how it happened because she was about to pass out from the pain. The next morning she decided to go have it checked out, and sure enough, it's broken in two places. The hospital put some sort of temporary cast on it. She'll have to go see the orthopedic doctor the first part of the week to get a real cast put on.

7 comments:

christy said...

wow! amber and mel look really "beautiful" in those pictures heather:)

Anonymous said...

For some reason the pictures aren't opening. ???

Heather said...

Laurel,
The pictures are opening fine for me. It may be your browser or something. Try again later.

Anonymous said...

Hey now, I'd been hobbling around on crutches and she told me to smile. What do you expect?:)

Anonymous said...

Okay, pics are back!

Happy Birthday to Mel! Welcome to the Old Ladies Club!

Poor Amber!! Sorry. =( I dropped a folded up playpen on my big toe once and broke it...those weak big toes!
Laurel

christy said...

it's not just you amber, the photographer could have shot at a more flattering angle. your smile does look a little funny though.

Heather said...

I was trying to get her foot and her face in the picture. Where she was sitting, that's the only angle I could get the shot from. I couldn't get the picture from the side or anything. I was limited by the surroundings.