Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Thanksgiving Menu

We are eating Thanksgiving Dinner at my house this year. Mel and Ish are bringing the ham. Amber and Lee are bringing the turkey. I'm making:
Cornbread Dressing
Sweet Potato Casserole
Dumplings
Pink Eyed Peas
Zipper Peas
Corn on the Cob
Rolls
Red Velvet Cake
I'm doing two kinds of peas because I don't have enough pink eyed peas to go around, but I need to cook them. I blanched them and put them in the freezer last summer. I guess they're still good. If not, we'll just have zipper peas. If peacans weren't so expensive, I'd make a peacan pie. (I need to plant some peacan trees in my back yard.) And of course we'll have cranberry sauce and gravy. Let me know if I'm forgetting something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! What time should I be there? HaHa...only wish I could. I will be thinking of you and your family.
Love, Laurel

christy said...

yes i will not be making all that since it's just us and my kids won't eat all that but i wish i could sample yall's