We had some pretty severe weather yesterday. Dothan was pretty much spared, but the surrounding counties had damage. This is what's left of a huge water tower south of Brundidge which is about 40 minutes north of here.
This is the yeast plant in Headland which is only 15 minutes north of Dothan.
This is what's left of a mobile home outside of Elba which is 40 minutes north west of Dothan. This is why I could never live in a mobile home. There were brick homes in the same area that had the roof ripped off, but nothing like this. There were people in this home at the time, but they escaped with minor injuries. There were also several chicken farms damaged by the storm.
The good thing is that no one was seriously injured in any of the storms. It looks as though the damage was mainly north and west of here. I haven't heard of any damage in Dothan. We had heavy rain and high winds, but nothing like the surrounding area. We were pretty lucky.
1 comment:
Wow. Scary. I remember that yeast plant. It always smelled awful when you drove by!!
Laurel
Post a Comment