Sunday, December 06, 2009

The Porch Light & The Pig

This is my new motion sensor porch light. I put it up this afternoon with only one phone call to my brother-in-law. I'm hoping it will deter any future pranks in my yard. Plus, I won't have to remember to leave it on those nights I might get home after dark. I'll just leave it on all the time. It has a photo sensor that keeps it from coming on during the day. I know the CFC bulb isn't pretty, but it won't burn out as quick and uses much less electricity. They have prettier ones that look more like regular bulbs, but they don't come on right away. I guess they have to warm up or something. The ugly ones come on right away which is what I need.
When I went out to change out the porch light, I saw the neighbor's pig going into my back yard. Apparently, it likes to eat the weeds growing back there. Here's a short clip of him munching on my weeds. Once I shewed him out of my back yard and closed the gate, I saw the little girl whom he belongs to walking around the block. I told her he was in my yard, so she and her friends tried to catch him. They chased him all over my yard and three doors down. Too bad it was in the opposite direction of her house. I don't know if they ever caught him. I was focused on getting my new porch light up before it got dark and wasn't paying attention to the little girl and her pig.

No comments: