You know it's time for a new mattress when you wake up with metal poking you. When I took the sheet off, I found this hole big enough to put a golf ball in. One of the springs broke right in the middle. Part of it was poking up and part was poking down. There was a smaller hole in the other side of the mattress. I was thinking that this mattress was only 5-6 years old, but maybe it's older than I thought.
I had noticed holes in my sheet, but it wasn't until the metal poked me that I realized what had caused it. Needless to say, this sheet went in the garbage.
I had been thinking about getting a memory foam mattress even before the spring broke. I went online to see how much a new mattress would cost me, and I found a memory foam mattress for only $50 more than a regular one. This is what it looked like when it was delivered.
I had been thinking about getting a memory foam mattress even before the spring broke. I went online to see how much a new mattress would cost me, and I found a memory foam mattress for only $50 more than a regular one. This is what it looked like when it was delivered.
Here's a shot of it after I unwrapped it and let it roll out.



It popped up to about 5 inches right away, but the instructions said to let it sit for at least 24 hours for it to expand to the full 10 inches. (I forgot to take a picture of it fully expanded.)

It's super comfy to sleep on, but it's too high for me to sit on when I'm getting dressed. I thought about lowering my daybed, but it will only go down 2-3 inches. I don't think that'll be enough. So I just moved my leather bench/ottoman from the living room to my bedroom. It's just the right size that I can push it under my bed when I'm not using it. I tend to get hot easily at night, so I was afraid the memory foam would make me sweat. The one I bought is called Cool Sensations. It has different types of foam with vents to help cool it. So far so good. I haven't been hot at all.
3 comments:
That's good you don't get hot with the new mattress! Being hot at night is the absolute worst! Okay, at least it is in my opinion :).
Those holes in your sheets are too funny! I'm glad you like your new mattress.
ohhh. i've always wanted something like that. so nice to have comfortable sleep.
Post a Comment