Saturday was the Ward Fall Festival out at the Lewis Farm. Lee had to work, so I took Jackson. He had fun playing on the huge slide.

Of course, he couldn't just slide down. He also had to climb back up.

Here he is playing on the hayride with the boys from his Primary Class. We have Maddox Burkhardt, Grady Jackson, Sawyer Hutto, Westin Lewis, Collin Thomas, and Jackson. Boy does their teacher have her hands full.

A trip to the farm wouldn't be complete without visiting the baby cows.

I don't know why this big cow was over with the babies, but he somehow managed to get his leg stuck in the ground.

All of the kids fight over these tractors. It's a good thing the have several of them. Here's Lauren taking a ride.
Jackson was riding around, and Sawyer climbed on top. Jackson didn't want to stop riding to eat supper. He told me his stomach hurt. I told him it would hurt worse if he didn't eat. He said, "I want it to get worse." He was trying anything he could to get out of eating and get back on that tractor.
Jackson was riding around, and Sawyer climbed on top. Jackson didn't want to stop riding to eat supper. He told me his stomach hurt. I told him it would hurt worse if he didn't eat. He said, "I want it to get worse." He was trying anything he could to get out of eating and get back on that tractor.
This bean bag toss was the only game I could get him to play. They were giving them candy for playing, but that wasn't good enough to leave the tractor.
Here's the yummy cakes Beverly made for desert. This one was German Chocolate.
This was a spice cake with cream cheese frosting.
Here's Ray taking everyone on a hayride.
That's Bradley on the end, Ish in the blue, and Mel next to him. The kids were on the inside. I don't know what those spots are all over my picture. I had to use my flash because it was dark, so maybe it's something in the air.
Here's a shot of the kids across the back. Gracie Hutto, Mitchell Bess, Carson Lewis, Marshall Lewis, Noah Baker, and Bradley.
They did a second hayride, so the kids rode with Elizabeth. I was a little worried about them riding on the outside like this, but they made it back ok.
I watched Abby while Mel and Ish went on the hayride with the kids. I think she slept the whole night bundled up in the stroller. The weather was wonderful. It wasn't hot, and it wasn't too cool. I had on carpi's and sandals, and I was perfectly comfortable.
Jackson also spent the night with me so he wouldn't miss practice for the Primary Program. He slept in the living room on my new couch/futon. I wasn't sure he'd sleep in there by himself, but he went right to sleep. I gave him Lucky Charms cereal for breakfast and told him not to just eat the marshmallows as most kids would do. I was getting dressed while he ate. When I went back in the kitchen, he had eaten everything but the marshmallows. He said he didn't like them. He said he only likes white ones, i.e. regular marshmallows. Funny Kid.
4 comments:
I was hoping you'd have Fall Festival pictures up! Oh, how we miss it! All the kids look so big! And I am so glad I am not the Sunbeam teacher in your ward!
Thanks for sharing!
Laurel
Beverly's cakes look amazing as usual. It looks like everyone had a good time. Your such a good Aunt. I was bummed that we had to miss this year. Did people carve pumpkins this year? Who won?
I miss those too! Fun to see familiar faces :). And yes, the cakes look delicious. I'm sure they tasted fantastic as well.
We left a little after 8:00 p.m. which is when it was suppose to end. So unless they did it after we left, there was no pumpkin carving.
Post a Comment