So I ordered some stuff with the money I got for Christmas. It was suppose to be delivered on the 2nd. I left my house at 5:50 p.m., and the UPS man had not come. When I got home, there was a note on my door saying he needed a place out of sight and out of the weather to leave my stuff. There is no such place around my house. The next day, I didn't have anywhere to go after work, so I figured I'd be there when he came back by. When I go home at 4:45 p.m., this is what I found. They have left stuff behind my bushes before, but this guy stood my door mat up against it. The boxes would've been pretty camouflaged by the bushes, but this just drew attention to them. And why couldn't he have done this the day before. It just doesn't make sense to me.
Wouldn't this draw your attention?
One of my house plants died, so I bought this African Violet to take it's place. It was only $2.47 at Wal-Mart, so I'm not risking much if it dies too. A lady at the store told me the trick to these is to water them from the bottom. I just so happen to be putting it in a self watering pot that you put the water in the bottom. Maybe it'll make it.
5 comments:
that is so funny about the mat.
yeah, i'm sad we don't have a walmart...but you don't have a trader joes so what do you do.
i have never heard about the watering thing, you'll have to let us know.
Ian's mom has tons of african violets all over her house. She waters them from the bottom and they do pretty well.
Laurel
Did you get your steam cleaner thing?
Yes, but since I wasn't sure it would do what I wanted it to do, I ordered a cheaper one. Once I had the money in hand, I couldn't spend $80 on something I wasn't sure would do what I wanted. So, I got a $30 one, and spent the rest on games for my Game Cube.(I got 4 games for $50.) It's a good thing too because it doesn't get my floor completely clean like I'd hoped. It gets more dirt up than the Swiffer Wet Jet, but it doesn't get down in that orange peel texture. They have come out with a Magic Eraser Mop, so I'll have to get one and try it out.
That is so funny about the mat propped up. Made me laugh out loud. My UPS guys are funny like that too, but that is pretty hillarious.
Post a Comment