Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lauren's Dress

I thought I had already posted this, but I guess I didn't.
I found this fabric in my mother's stuff. It is red and white checked with a strawberry in every other white square. She was going to make herself a shirt and capri outfit from it. I'm glad she didn't. It would've looked silly on an adult, but it did make a cute dress for Lauren. Here's a shot from the front. The sleeves have little tabs that tie.
Here's a shot of the back. There's a small pucker at the bottom of the back opening, but I don't think it's that noticeable since the shirt has some fullness to it.
Here's Lauren with the dress on. It's a little big on her, but I think it's still cute. Jackson wanted to get in the picture too.

2 comments:

christy said...

cute, and she'll be able to wear it for a few years

Anonymous said...

How cute! I wish I still lived there so you could teach me to sew. I made the first 'C' I had ever made in my whole life when we "learned" to sew in Home Ec. I'm dreadful!!

Laurel