Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Aspen Bites the Dust

Monday night, as I was just about to doze off, my phone rang. It was after 10 o'clock, so I wondered who was calling me so late. It was Mel calling to tell me that Micah's car had died. Dad went and picked him up and had the car towed to the mechanic the next morning. The mechanic said the engine was gone, and the cheapest one he could find was $800-$900. Micah's not willing to put that much into a car that's 28 years old, so he's got to get another car. Who could blame him. This picture was taken two years ago, so the car looks alot worse now.
The paint is bad, and the interior has disintegrated. The air conditioner and the radio quit working several years ago. He only drove it this long because it was free. Dad bought it several years ago for himself, and when he didn't need it anymore, he gave it to Micah.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sad to me. I'll always picture Micah in that car.
Laurel