Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Crazy Trash People
Today when I got home from work, the pile of metal I had put by the road was gone. I know the city didn't pick it up because there's some other stuff that is still there. That means the crazy trash people took it. The same thing happened with the aluminum sheeting I pulled off the shed last weekend. I don't know if this happens in other parts of the country, but here we have people that drive around picking up stuff out of other people's trash. It's not that I care that they take the stuff, I did put it out in the trash. I just think the things they choose to take are a bit strange. One time I threw out a glider rocker. The cushions for it and the matching ottoman were in black garbage bags. (They had been in the shed, and I didn't want them to get dirty.) I put the bag with the cushions in it in the rocker. The person who took it, picked up the bag containing the cushions and threw it in the ditch. I guess it didn't occur to them that the cushions were in the bag. Several years ago, we threw out a chest of drawers. As I was getting out of my car late one night, one of these crazy trash people stopped and asked me if they could set it up in the yard so no one would take it. Their car/truck/van was full, but they would be coming back for it. I told them they would just have to take their chances. I didn't want them coming up into my yard. I can sort of understand picking up furniture, but scrap metal? I guess maybe they can get a buck or two for it from the recycling place. It's just a little weird if you ask me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah, people always take trash; even if it really is TRASH. When we were moving, everything I put by the road was gone in an hour or so. Someone even took Isabella's old bike that had been sitting in the rain for 3 years. It was moldy and rusty and the tires were flat and ruined....CRAZY!
Laurel
Post a Comment