It snowed in Dothan, AL today. The last time we got enough snow to actually cover the ground was 1993. We also got a good bit in 1976 and the record was set in 1973. The whole area basically shut down today. Most businesses closed as well as schools, court houses, and some city government offices. By noon, most of the surrounding counties had closed all roads. Houston County waited until 6:00 p.m. to close all roads. It's suppose to drop into the 20's tonight, so they're worried about ice on the roads. People around here don't know how to drive in icy conditions. We had several periods of snow, but it rained in between which melted a lot of the snow. Tonight, most of it has melted.



1 comment:
So cool that it snowed! I wish it would have snowed while I was in AL! I would have enjoyed the days off -- paid :)!
Post a Comment