Friday, June 12, 2009

Dryer Vent Covers Are Important Because...

They keep birds from building nests in them. I noticed this week that the dryer was acting a little weird. It was taking alot longer than usual to dry stuff, and wet lint was collecting around the door. Well, this afternoon I was weed eating on that side of the house. When I looked at the tube coming out of the house, I notice some pine straw sticking out. So, I reached in to pull it out, and a bird came darting out. Almost gave me a heart attack. I went back inside to get some kitchen tongs to pull the nest out. The opening was almost completely blocked. No wonder my clothes were taking forever to dry.
I had been meaning to get a new one for a while. It's probably been several years since the other one fell off. I finally remembered to get one today. The funny thing is, I bought it before I knew there was a bird's nest in there. So now the bird has to find a new home. I screwed this one in under the levers, so hopefully it won't fall off anytime soon. And yes, my house needs to be pressure washed pretty bad. I just haven't taken the time to figure out how to work that thing yet.

No comments: