We have birds nesting in the tops of the columns on the porch of our office. It's cute to see the baby birds, but they make a terrible mess. If you look close in this picture, you can see one of the babies with his mouth open.
I guess the mother bird is afraid to leave the nest, so she just stands on the edge and poops. And yes our grass is dying because our sprinkler system is broken. I think someone is coming next week to fix it.
Now it has rained, and we have dirty streaks all down the column. Such a nice thing for people to see when they are coming into our office. This nest is empty now, so we'll have to find someone to come clean it up for us. That's not in my job description.
It looks like another nest is being built in the other column by the front door. Well, I guess we'll have a matching set. We're going to have to put something up there to keep the birds away.
2 comments:
Yeah, so that's a huge mess. I mean, it's everywhere! And who is the lucky person who gets to clean that up?
It is also those little babies contributing to that mess! Bad detail at the top of that column, need to call an architect... if you don't know of one, I do... hehe.
Been a lurker~ found you through Sara... originally from Dothan, too.
Post a Comment