Saturday, July 07, 2007

Tires are Expensive

I'm going to a Single Adult conference in Birmingham next weekend, so I decided to have my tires balanced and aligned. I went yesterday afternoon and when they finally got to me, the guy said I needed two new tires. About three years ago, I had a side wall puncture and had to get a new tire. The good thing about SUV's is the spare is a full sized tire. So when I had to get a new tire, I had them take the other tire and swap it with my spare which had never been used. That way I had two new tires but only had to pay for one. Now the other two have worn out. They didn't have any of my tires in stock, so I had to go back this morning. Firestone sells lifetime alignment service, so I went ahead and bought that. I don't plan on getting a new car in the next 10 years or more, so I'll get my money's worth. (My car may be 5 years old, but it's only got 36,150 miles on it, so it should easily last 10+ more years.) I did get lucky though. I guess the guy at the tire place felt sorry for me and gave me a $60 discount on my tires. Still, the tires, lifetime alignment, balancing, etc. cost me $435.00. Thank goodness for credit cards.
I don't know if you can tell from this picture, but now I need to scrub my back tires. They look really old and dirty compared with the new ones on the front. Oh Christy, you'll be happy, I cut my grass, the front anyway. The back doesn't grow as fast.

No comments: