Friday, December 01, 2006

Thanksgiving

I know I'm over a week late, but better late than never. Everyone came to my house for Thanksgiving Dinner. We got bumped to dinner because Dad and Sandra went to her Mother's for lunch. Amber and Lee decided to go to his Mom's for lunch as well. Mel and I were about to starve to death by the time everyone got here. Next year we're doing lunch. Someone else can get bumped. Mel and Ish cooked the spiral ham, and Amber and Lee cooked the turkey. I fixed everything else. It was me, Mel, Ish, Bradley, Lauren, Amber, Lee, Morgan, Jackson, Micah, Kara(Micah's girlfriend), Hoover(Micah's roommate), Dad, Sandra, Elizabeth, Amelia, and their cousin Meagan. Of course Dad and them didn't eat much because they had just left Sandra's Mother's. So I had way to much food. Even after sending leftovers home with Mel and Amber, I ended up throwing out half a pan of dressing. I set up a 6 ft folding table and card table in the living room so everyone could sit at a table to eat. The kids ate in the dining room thank goodness because sticky lemonade was spilt. That would've made a terrible mess on the living room carpet. I think it went pretty well. I'm glad Christmas will be at Mel's new house (if they get it done) so I won't have to clean up afterward. I don't mind the cooking, but I hate cleaning up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll had a good day (once you finally got to eat!). Oh, the joy of family dynamics!
I, too like to cook but hate cleaning up!!
~Laurel

Anonymous said...

P.S. I was hoping to see some pictures from Thanksgiving.

Heather said...

Sorry, I was too busy cooking and eating to take pictures.